The canine brigade will contain the following functions:
- a kennel with about fifty kennels (45 kennels + 5 isolation kennels). Each kennel has an interior part (4m²) and an exterior part (11m²).
- logistics areas for dogs, such as a kitchen for meals, an infirmary for treatment, showers, and storage areas.
- two training fields, one covered and one open, each 600 m², and a resting area of 400 m²
- service areas for operational staff and trainers: changing rooms, briefing room, etc.
- the administrative buildings linked to the brigade
The training centre will accommodate:
- two shooting ranges, one of which is 50m long with 10 shooting ranges and the other 30m long with 5 shooting ranges and a 180° shooting field
- a dojo that can accommodate 40 operational employees and can be divided into two smaller dojos.
- two large classrooms that can accommodate 30, and 25 participants, respectively
- the administrative premises for instructors and the violence control unit
- logistics facilities for instructors and participants, including changing rooms and sanitary facilities
- the common technical spaces shared by the 4, and K9 divisions
The site also provides:
- a communal cafeteria of 165m² open to the whole site and which can accommodate up to 90 people.
- a 900m² building for training in police intervention techniques (the PITIP).
- and a "MOLOTOV" slab, which is an outdoor sports area of 800 m².
New police training centre for police zone Brussels Capital - Ixelles; and regrouping of three Brussels dog brigades in a single site